12 sierpnia 2016

Pastel Herbarium - Finnabair Creative Team

This time of year, when meadows and forests are filled with numerous species of herbs and wild flowers, I collect these treasures and keep them dried and pressed in thematical herbariums for winter days. This time I would like you to join me in a bit more creative way.
 
 
I started with sealing the page with a generous coat of Clear Gesso which is a perfect starter and doesn’t let any media soak through. This step also allows to keep visible the background underneath.
When the coat of Gesso was dry, I put a few blue Alchemy Paints in a horizontal manner.
 

 
Then I covered the blue background with White Gesso in a rather messy way, leaving some colours lurking under the white coat.
To increase the contrast, I added a drop of Black Gesso and pink acrylic paints. After such preparations I stamped horizontal patterns with black ink.
 

Then I glued down a poppy head chipboard and a vintage label below the plant.
To add a bit of dimension, I used 3D Gel which was put with a palette knife through a stencil.
 
 
To highlight the poppy head, I scribbled some circles and filled the plant with seeds in the shape of Black Micro Beads. Then to obtain a vintage effect, I added some tea stain drops and then covered the composition with Blue Mica Powders.
 

I hope that you will also find your inspiration among summer fauna and flora. Enjoy your holidays!



Materials used:

2 komentarze:

  1. Belladonna this makes my heart soar! <3 I shared it on the UmWowStudio facebook page. ♥♥♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń

:)